FlythemaddogX have made a new Facebook page, with some previews of their classic add-on being ported over to P3D v4! And it looks amazing, however, there is no word on the progress of the project or when we can expect it
If you haven’t heard of FlythemaddogX, it was a very detailed MD-80 add-on for FS9 and FSX, and it looks like it’s coming back, to P3D v4! Heres all the details of the aircraft from back in the FSX + FS9 days…
|Available for FS9 and FSX Fly The Maddog is one of the most sophisticated and complete add-on ever developed for Microsoft Flight Simulator. The accuracy of cockpit and system simulation is very high and there are many features which add realism to the simulation and are not present in standard FS aircrafts. |
– Highly detailed VC and 2D panels, up to 1600×1200, with vector graphics displays (GDI+).
– Wide 2d panels, for wide screen LCDs with 1.6 aspect ratio, up to 1920×1200.
– Realistic flight dynamics, tested by active MD80 pilots.
– Complete CM-1 and CM-2 instrument panels with functionally separated instruments.
– Dual/multiple systems simulation (DFGS, FD, CADC, EFIS, AHRS) with switching.
– Full electrical system simulation including working overhead breakers.
– FMS – Flight Management System, two different models in the Pro version: Honeywell or Canadian Marconi.
– PMS – Performance Management System.
– DFDR – Digital Flight Data Recorder.
– TCAS – Traffic Collision Avoidance System.
– WAGS – Windshear Alert and Guidance System.
– EGPWS – Enhanced Ground proximity Warning System.
– Weather Radar.
– Autobrake system.
– MELs and deferred inoperative systems management.
– Automatic failure generator.
– Full dimmable cockpit lightning and backlighting.
– Brake degradation with wet or frozen runway and with brake overheating.
– Realistic icing on flight.
– Auto/Manual pressurization system.
– Very accurate flight model and engine parameters.
– Integrated Load Manager and Route Planner application.
– Control Panel application for ground services, failures and instructor control.
– Multi crew operation between two PCs connected via TCP/IP.
– Possibility to save and reload the panel state (even in flight).
– Customizable panel (main color, FD style, FMA arm modes, etc.).
– Digital sounds set recorded from the real plane: engine, APU, batteries, air conditioning, passenger signs, clicks, cockpit noise, boarding simulation…a true immersive sound experience!
Control panel and Failures module